Tips for Choosing your New Homebuilder
As you search for new homes in Florida, it’s crucial you find a homebuilder whose goals and tastes align with your own. Here are our top three tips for finding the right homebuilder for you!
Look Out for Immaculate Craftsmanship
When you tour a homebuilder’s model home, pay attention to the details. You don’t want to settle for someone who does an okay job. Your home should be crafted with care, so make sure the homebuilder reflects quality craftmanship on the final product.
Here are a few things you can do to check their craftsmanship:
- Download a level app on your phone and place it on counters around the house. Everything should be leveled.
- Open and close all doors. If installed correctly, they should open and close easily.
- Turn on faucets, lights, heater, and the air conditioning. Everything should be in working order.
- The walls should meet the ceiling and floor at a 90-degree angle.
Find A Homebuilder Who Checks All the Boxes
Once you know the structure of a homebuilder’s design is satisfactory, it’s time to make sure your styles align. With a variety of homebuilders offering new homes in Florida, you shouldn’t have to settle for less.
Before you visit homes, write down a list of all the extras amenities and features that are important to you. Here are a few examples:
- A covered front porch, lanai, and outdoor living area.
- A kitchen with a large island and/or cafe area.
- Owner’s suite with a large walk-in closet and private bathroom.
- A flowing floorplan that seamlessly connects the outdoor living space to the indoor living space.
- Proximity to nature, trails, and a vibrant community.
Keep Sustainability in Mind
Your home should provide you with more than just a place to rest, it should provide you with the best quality of life possible. At Babcock Ranch, we go beyond by building homes inspired by our community’s needs, with sustainability always at the forefront.
All homes at Babcock Ranch must receive a Bronze Standard of Certification or higher from the Florida Green Building Coalition. Our homebuilders use local materials to craft their homes and include features like high-performance windows and insulation to help with energy-saving.
Visit our Discovery Center or contact us to learn more about homebuilders at Babcock Ranch. Feel free to browse our current homes for sale or call 941-235-6901 with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you.